Minka Aire Light Wave Designer Ceiling Fan
The Light Wave Ceiling Fan by Minka Aire is the next generation of the company’s highly successful “Wave” modern designer contemporary ceiling fan. It comes with an appropriately named (in keeping with the water theme!) Henley Fan Powerboat high quality 3-speed remote control. Minka Aire is an upmarket top-quality global ceiling fan brand based in California, and winner of many design awards from the Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design’s Good Design Award. This is a truly unique design that draws inspiration from the ocean’s graceful and tubular wave formations. The integrated energy efficient LED light source flows flawlessly in with the design. It is the smaller sister to the iconic Minka Aire Artemis fan but has a 52″/132cm blade sweep cf with 58″/147cm of the Artemis.
Features & Specifications:
– Blades: 3 x 52″/132cm diameter sweep in polycarbonate ABS
– Blade angle: Variable due to design
– Mount: Ball and socket for flat or angled ceilings
– Finishes: Distressed koa, white
– Power: 220v, 50 Hz
– Light: Non-dimmable LED 1 bulb, 396 lumens, 3000 K colour temperature
– Glass: Frosted, etched lens 6.42″ /16.3cm diameter
– Remote Control: Included Designer Henley Fan Powerboat (costs £100 separately), 3 speeds, on/off for light & 2 year warranty
– Reverse function switch: Yes, on the top of the motor housing
– Power consumption (excl light): 65W @ full speed 159 RPM, 11W @ low speed 69 RPM
– Energy efficiency: Class A
– Airflow rates: Low 2,545 m3/h = 1,497 cfm High 7,570 m3/hr = 4,453 cfm
– Height: 32 cm
– Motor size: 172 mm x 14 mm
– Distance ceiling to blade: 28 cm
– Drop rods: Standard 6″/15cm and flush mount 3.5″/9cm both included
– Dimensions: Measures 13.75” from the ceiling to the bottom of the fan with the included 6″ downrod.
– Warranty: Lifetime on motor, 1 year on fan
– Angled ceilings, standard use up to 22°. Special adapter needed for 22° to 45°.
– Weight: 6.4 kg.
– Voice Control: The US 110v version works with the Amazon Alexa device and a Bond hub which are sold separately. We have not tried it with the 220v version ourselves yet and so cannot guarantee it will work.
We also stock a number of different drop rod sizes and finishes for the Light Wave please call for more information and availability.
Download the Light Wave datasheet.
Download the Light Wave installation manual.
For sloping ceilings greater than 22° you have three options:
- The canopy cover ring can be cut out a bit with a hacksaw and filed smooth. This will increase it to a max of 31° of slope.
- Use a special Minka Aire Artemis adapter that we sell for £75 which increases it to 45° max slope.
- Use a block of wood that is cut to give a horizontal mounting surface.