Henley Fan Powerboat – Replacement Remote Control Pack
The Powerboat is our Henley Fan great looking, great-value universal ceiling fan remote control pack for all AC type ceiling fans. It’s great look is designed to be similar to the now discontinued Hunter Speedboat remote and at half the price represents great value for money. The pack comprises of both the receiver (which sits in the canopy of the fan) and the handset which sits in the wall cradle for safe keeping.
The Powerboat is manufactured in Taiwan by Rhine, a specialist remote control company with a long reputation for excellence. It is designed and built to exacting German standards and quality with TUV-SUD and CE approvals. An important feature is the built-in power voltage surge protection designed to resist the regular power surges and spikes that occur in the mains supply that will often blow cheaper Chinese-made receivers. This ensures a robust and long-lasting service – hence the 2 year warranty. Depending on the available space within the canopy (which is where the receiver is positioned and is always tight) it will work with all standard AC type ceiling fans. If you are not sure please remove and check the size of your existing receiver (see below). We are also happy to refund it if you find it doesn’t.
– 3 speed fan control for all AC fans only
– Universal remote handset and receiver pack
– Hunter version has Hunter quick-fitting snap connectors
– German TUV-SUD and CE approvals
– Power voltage surge/spike protection
– Light dimming selectable using dip switches (not possible on low-energy light bulbs)
– Includes a wall-cradle holder
– Maximum motor power load 115 W
– Maximum light load 300 W
– Radio frequency works on 434 Mhz range
– RF Range 10 metres
– 16 Selectable RF codes (to avoid interference with other devices)
– 23A 12v battery, connector blocks and screws included
– 2 Year warranty (excludes battery and damage)
– Free UK shipping (£10 to EC countries)
Important Installation Notes
1. Receiver Unit Size – You will need to fit the Powerboat receiver into the ceiling fan canopy (the part that joins the ceiling) for this to work. There is a standard slot on all AC ceiling fans for the receiver to go into which is always a tight fit due to limited space. It will be a tight fit due to the limited space in the canopy but it should at least 125mm in length x 50mm width x 26mm thickness in order to fit. The handset on it’s own is not compatible with and will not work a Hunter or any other fan receiver.
2. Snap Connectors – Note that the connector blocks for the receiver to the fan are specific to each brand and each brand is slightly different. If your fan is a Hunter one then ensure that you order the Hunter version of this otherwise your electrician will need to cut the snap connectors off both the receiver and the fan. He will then have to use the enclosed terminal block connectors or his own so that the colours of the wires match – Brown is live, blue is neutral, yellow/green earth and black goes to the fan light. Other brands will require this to be done and will not invalidate any warranty on any fan or receiver purchased from us.
3. Troubleshooting – If your existing remote control no longer works then try replacing the battery first and that the blue light works when pressing the buttons. Then check that you have power going to the receiver unit and when turned on by the remote, power coming out of it. If not then the receiver is blown or failed and needs replacing. If it does then there is a problem most likely with the start control capacitors and wire harness or very rarely the motor itself – please contact our office for advice and replacement spares.
4. RF Channel Problems – If the receiver is a new installation then check that the dip-switches on the remote handset match those on the receiver. If you are using other RF remotes in the same room then they might activate the ceiling fan if they are on the same channel. If so then use the dip-switches to select another channel.