The Seabird Ceiling Fan – Compact, Powerful, Quiet and Elegant
The MrKen Seabird is a popular smaller version of the MrKen CAN fan with 30″/76cm or 42″/107cm blades that are small but much bigger than those on a wall fan. It is perfect for smaller rooms or corridors where you want a strong smooth airflow without the noise and low airflow of a wall fan. It is also ideal for smaller bedrooms where a standard sized fan would be overpowering.
This fan is the AC version of the Seabird which is less powerful and not as efficient as the DC version (which gives 60% more airflow for the same power) but is a better value, lower cost motor. The 42″ size gives 5,400 m3/h vs 8,300 m3/h for DC version. It also comes with a wall control instead of a remote and has 4 speeds instead of 6. This fan’s blades are flatter and simpler than the Ken-3D as they are made from ABS but the body and motor however are identical. This makes for a great value low-cost AC ceiling fan. It is also available as a hugger/flush mount version with the adapter kit to give a drop from ceiling to bottom of the fan of 23 cm instead of 38 cm a saving of 15cm/6″. Please check the datasheets below for dimensions.
Features & Benefits:
– AC Motor drive
– 42″/107cm diameter blade sweep
– 3 White balanced ABS blades in a matching white motor housing. The housing white is not a pure white but has a tinge of cream in it, in keeping with customer preferences.
– 8″/20cm Drop-rod
– Hugger kit option also available for lower ceilings
– 4 speed wall control
– Silent, perfect for bedrooms – No annoying hums or buzzes
– No motor wobble with smooth laminar airflow for more pleasant experience
– Power: 220V – 50HZ, 50W on max speed
– Max speed 280 rpm
– Max airflow 5,400 m3/h = 3,200 cfm for 42″
– Lifetime Warranty on motor – 1 year on the rest
– 3 year rustproof warranty
Note: This fan is a CAN fan and comes in a CAN box – “Seabird” is the name given to the smaller bladed versions of the CAN and is not a separate model.
The hugger kit installation instructions can be downloaded here.