Style & Quality Embody Matthews’ Most Popular Ceiling Fan
Installed in many of Hollywood’s exclusive grand design homes the Irene three-bladed hugger enjoys a legendary reputation and is the most popular Matthews fan. The hugger style means that it has no drop rod and so is suitable for lower ceilings also giving a simpler cleaner appearance and sleek style. It is rustic yet strikingly modern with three beautiful neatly joined, aerofoil square-edged shaped, solid wood blades in a range of contemporary motor body finishes.
The high quality DC motor is one of the quietest on the market (made in Taiwan where the best ceiling fans are built) so is ideal for bedrooms where any noise even of the air moving could be disturbing in the quiet of night. It can be run on low-speed to ensure a slow gentle laminar airflow with silent movement but turned up in the daytime when more cooling is required and the slight wind noise not noticeable. The DC motor is also very low-energy using just 18 watts at full power for the 52″ size.
The 5 bladed version of this model has been selected by the Italian architect for all of GEOX’s (the classy Italian shoe fashion brand) designer stores around Europe, including their flagship London store in the heart of Covent Garden. Why not go and see them just opposite Covent Garden tube station on Long Acre?
Features & Benefits:
– 42″/107cm and 52″/132cm diameter
– Motor body finishes: Textured bronze, brushed nickel, brushed brass, brushed bronze, matt black, gloss white.
– Blade finishes: Walnut, matt white and barnwood (grey)
– Solid wood, jointed machine-cut blades
– 220V – 50HZ
– Rpm 51 low/231 high
– Blade angle: Twisting from 0 to 15°
– Reversible DC motor with super reliable technology
– Energy efficient, ultra-quiet motor
– Power use: 52″ 32 watts max speed, 42″ 18 watts max speed
– Remote control: 6-speed wall-mountable with reverse for winter heat reclamation
– Constructed of cast aluminium and heavy stamped steel
– Safety & quality certification: Interlek ETL/CETL & CE
– Suitable for damp or humid location but not salt water or ocean front
– 42″/107cm airflow rates 6,970 m3/h = 4,100 cfm- 52″/132cm airflow rates 10,438 m3/h = 6,140 cfm
– Lifetime Warranty on motor, 1 year on remote, 3 years corrosion warranty on the body finish
– Made in Taiwan
– LED light version available see below for link.
New Finishes for 2021
New blade finishes: Barnwood grey and matt white.
New motor can finishes: Brushed brass, white and black.
Irene 3 H Useful Downloads
To open up – click on images: