Waste King – Simply The Best!
Rated the number 1 waste disposer brand by US Consumer Reports magazine the US equivalent of Which? Also an amazing 2,500 reviews on Amazon giving an average of 4.5* rating. The Waste King International WKI-2600 is the international 240v version of the WK-2600 the USA’s best selling waste disposer. This not only runs on the European voltage of 240v and frequency of 50Hz it is also CE certified for European safety standards. The WKI-2600 is a 1/2 Hp 375w powered unit and is intended for single person households who do little entertaining or for those with very limited space under their sink. For all other applications please use the WKI-3300 unit. Being continuous feed also makes them ideal for where space is limited or at a premium such as in flats or cities since they are far more compact than a batch feed unit. This is the only brand on the market with a Lifetime Warranty from the World’s second biggest waste disposal maker who manufacture over 2 million units a year and who started over 60 years ago. Many waste disposal units struggle or don’t work with all sorts of foods which makes them rather pointless. Waste King disposers can handle with ease coffee grains, eggshells, ice cubes, all types of vegetable skins, fruit husks including even the very challenging stringy pineapple skins which NO other brand of unit can cope with. You can also put hot fat so long as it is mixed with a good dose of washing-up liquid to emulsify it along with plenty of cold water to avoid melting any pipes. It can even handle tough cooked poultry bones so clearing up a Sunday roast is an absolute breeze, just rinse everything down the sink with the unit on and into the dishwasher. All the food is rapidly ground up into super-fine particles in one robust grinding chamber and flushed to the sewage treatment works where it is anaerobically digested to make bio-gas that is then used to generate electricity saving both methane and CO2 greenhouse gasses. It also avoids going to landfill or having to use voluminous and smelly composting. Read the amazing number of 2520 reviews on Amazon giving an average rating of 4.5 for the equivalent US 110v unit WK-2600. For more info please read the Waste-King page on the menu above or visit our dedicated website for Waste King.
Air Safety Switch – Not included
If you would like to use an air-switch which is an air operated switch with the button mounted on your sink or work surface you can add this. It offers real useability since the switch is very close to the sink with absolute safety, something that cannot be done with a wired switch.
McAlpine P-Trap Fitting – Not included
When fitting under the sink you can usually add to an existing configuration just with this McAlpine ASC10 adjustable P trap. McAlpine is the best manufacturer of waste pipe fittings in the UK and uses a double barreled connection to avoid leaks and provide great rigidity which is very useful for WDU’s that need to be sturdily mounted.
– Rated number 1 by US Consumer Reports Magazine
– Amazon Rating 4.5* for 2500 Reviews
– 10 Year Motor Warranty, the only brand on the market to offer one
– Lifetime corrosion warranty on the chamber (the number one cause of failure on WDU’s)
– 1/2 Hp 375w powerful motor
– Eazy mount installation system
– Continuous feed, no need to wait for batches to complete
– No jam design, no anti jam wrench required as it never jams!
– High-speed 2,700 rpm motor for maximum twisting power and to prevent jams
– High start speed burtst of 4,000 rpm preventing jams
– Strong vortex operation to flush away debris quickly
– Voltage: 220-240 BEAB HZ: 50/60, current 1.3 Amps
– Motor Type: Permanent magnet which means instant power cf induction magnets that take time to energise
– Stopper/Actuator: Positive seal
– Sink Flange: Stainless Steel
– Splash Guard: Removable for easy cleaning
– Waste Elbow: ABS with optional dishwasher knock-out plug
– Grind Ring: Stainless steel
– Swivel Impellers: Cast stainless steel
– the strongest material available
– Turntable: Balanced to prevent vibration made of stainless steel
– Hopper: Glass filled nylon
– Grinding Chamber: Corrosion proof glass filled polyester
– Sound insulated for super quiet operation
– the quietest on the market
– Putty-free rubber seal installation method
– Fast and easy mount system for a quick no-hassle installation
– Safe for septic tanks
– Air-safety switch is not included but available separately, not integrated so easy to replace
– No foam packaging in 100% recycled materials
– Bearings: Permanently lubricated for life, sleeve type
– Overload Protector: Manual reset
– Shipping Weight (kg.): 6.5
– Manufacturer: Anaheim Manufacturing Company Inc. for over 60 years
– Free UK next day APC delivery, £20 EC delivery, Rest of World please call.