The Wing ceiling fan was the winner of the Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design’s Good Design Award. This amazing original design comes from Minka Aire, the upmarket top-quality global designer ceiling fan brand based in California. This is a really unique and stunning modern fan design consisting of just one single wing fan wrapped around and hiding the highly efficient low-energy DC motor. A remote control is included that allows for six speeds, plus a forward and reverse feature to give you total control from anywhere in the room. This ceiling fan is a must have for any contemporary interior.
– Blades: 1 blade giving a 52″/132cm diameter sweep in polycarbonate/ABS
– Ball and socket mount for flat or angled ceilings
– Finishes: Maple, white
– Power supply: AC 220v, 50 Hz
– Remote Control: 6 speed, forward and reverse
– Light: None
– Power consumption: 31 watts @ full speed 155 rpm, 15 watts @ low speed 111 rpm
– Energy efficiency: Class A
– Airflow rates: High 11,220 m3/hr = 6,600 cfm, Low 8,415 m3/hr = 4,950 cfm
– Height 32 cm, motor size 125 mm x 30 mm
– Droprod: Standard 6″/15cm included
– Dimensions: Measures 12.25″/31cm from the ceiling to the bottom of the fan with the included 6″ downrod.
– Lifetime warranty on motor, 1 year for the rest of the fan
– Angled ceilings: Standard use up to 18°
– Weight: 8.4 kg.
We also stock a number of different drop rod sizes and finishes for the Light Wave please call for more information and availability.
Download the Light Wave datasheet.
Download the Light Wave installation manual.
For sloping ceilings greater than 18° you have three options:
- The canopy cover ring can be cut out a bit with a hacksaw and filed smooth. This will increase it to a max of 31° of slope.
- Use a special Minka Aire Artemis adapter that we sell for £75 which increases it to fitting on a 45° max slope.
- Use a block of wood that is cut to give a horizontal mounting surface.