This is by far the most popular model in MrKen’s whole ceiling fan range selling an impressive 25,000 units last year. It is the core part of the Design Collection and it is easy to see why it is loved by customers, architects and interior designers alike. You will find it in some of the most luxurious hotels in Asia. The simple but very stylish design with a slim body in popular contemporary finishes makes this the ultimate fashion accessory for your room whether at home or in the office, hotel or restaurant. But don’t be mislead by the design which is surpassed only by its amazing performance.
Inside is one of the world’s highest quality DC fan motors. The motors are made in Taiwan which is renowned for its motor and DC control technology. This fan uses the very latest second generation technology which is far more robust and reliable than that currently used by most of the competition. Variations and surges or spikes in power or voltage are filtered out by its ingenious voltage protection system. Its ultra-low energy consumption means an amazing 3W is all that is required to run it at slow speed rising to 35W at max. Even more impressive is that its operation is totally silent making it ideal for bedrooms where it can be left running all night giving a far more pleasant alternative to air conditioning.
The blade manufacturing process is quite involved and starts by taking sheets of Paulownia wood and compressing them to prevent any warping when in a different humidity or climate. Three sheets are then glued together into a block which is then machine milled out into the 3D propeller shape. The blade is sanded, finished and painted. The blades are then put into sets of three and hand balanced to avoid any wobble. The whole process is both expensive and tricky resulting in around 10% of them being rejected. The result is a set of beautiful stable and precisely balanced blades that are light to hold and turn but which deliver a lovely smooth gentle, wobble-free silent wind.
Note that the white blade and body colour match and is not a brilliant white finish but slightly off-white as this is a popular finish. There will be some flecks/grain/cutting marks from the manufacturing process that you will see on the white blades when looking close up but not when the fan is up. This is expensive to eliminate completely and to do so would increase the cost markedly. The marks cannot be seen on the other colours. If you want a perfect finish then please either go for another colour or a traditional 2 dimensional plywood or plastic bladed fan which are easy to make.
– 52″/132cm diameter
– Finishes: Matt black with oak or maple blades, brushed nickel with matt black or oak blades and white body and blades
– Solid lightweight wood blades made from either compressed Birch Grove (to make it warp proof) or Paulownia soft wood (known for its warp resistance) in sustainable forests in China
– Set of 3 hand-balanced blades to prevent wobble
– DC Low energy motor
– Hugger hanging kit available ie for flush mount with low ceilings – please call for details
– 240v – 50 hz
– 6 speed DC-1 remote control
– Remote control has timer ability for 1, 3 and 6 hours
– Reverse function is on the remote control
– “Wind assured” operation. This means only smooth laminar airflow is created and no uncomfortable turbulence
– 8″/20cm drop rod using a hemispherical ball that locks on to the end and fits into a hanger bracket inside the canopy (all supplied)
– Can be angled up to 35 degrees but will need a longer drop rod
– 40W in high speed
– 246 rpm
– Airflow 11,050 m3/h = 6,500 cfm
– 10 year motor warranty
– 3 year rust proof warranty
– No motor wobble
– Energy star certified