This is by far the most popular model in MrKen’s whole ceiling fan range selling an impressive 10,000 units last year. It is the core part of the Design Collection and it is easy to see why it is loved by customers, architects and interior designers alike. You will find it in some of the most luxurious hotels in Asia. The simple but very stylish design with a slim body in popular contemporary finishes makes this the ultimate fashion accessory for your room whether at home or in the office, hotel or restaurant. But don’t be mislead by the design which is surpassed only by its amazing performance.
Inside is one of the world’s highest quality DC fan motors. The motors are made in Taiwan which is renowned for its motor and DC control technology. This fan uses the very latest second generation technology which is far more robust and reliable than that currently used by most of the competition. Variations and surges or spikes in power or voltage are filtered out by its ingenious voltage protection system. Its ultra-low energy consumption means an amazing 3W is all that is required to run it at slow speed rising to 35W at max. Even more impressive is that its operation is totally silent making it ideal for bedrooms where it can be left running all night giving a far more pleasant alternative to air conditioning.
The blade manufacturing process is quite new and involved and represents the best in class. It starts by taking sheets of paulownia or balsa wood and compressing them to prevent any warping when in a different humidity or climate. Three sheets are then glued together into a block which is then CNC machine milled out into the 3D propeller shape. The blade is hand sanded, finished and painted. The blades are then put into sets of three and hand balanced to avoid any wobble. The whole process is both very expensive and tricky resulting in around 10% of them being rejected. The result though is a set of beautiful stable and precisely balanced blades that are light to hold (low energy use) and turn but which deliver a lovely smooth gentle, wobble-free silent wind.
The white blade and body colour match and is not a pure brilliant white colour but a slight off-white as this is a popular finish. There are a few small natural flecks/grain/cutting marks from the manufacturing process that you will see on the white blades when looking close up but not notice when the fan is up. This would be expensive to eliminate completely and to do so would increase the cost markedly as these are quite different from furniture production. These marks cannot be seen on the other colours so if you prefer a perfect finish then please either go for another colour or the ABS plastic moulded blade version. A traditional 2 dimensional plywood blade is another alternative.
Please call to order if the Hugger hanging kit is required to flush mount the fan for use with low ceilings as this doesn’t ship as standard.
– 52″/132cm diameter
– Finishes: Matt black with oak or maple blades, brushed nickel with matt black or oak blades and white body and blades
– Solid lightweight wood blades made from either compressed Birch Grove (to make it warp proof), Balsa or Paulownia soft wood (known for its warp resistance) in sustainable forests in China
– Set of 3 hand-balanced blades to prevent wobble
– DC Low energy motor
– 240v – 50 hz
– 6 speed DC-1 remote control
– Remote control has timer ability for 1, 3 and 6 hours
– Reverse function is on the remote control
– “Wind assured” operation. This means only smooth laminar airflow is created and no uncomfortable turbulence
– 8″/20cm drop rod using a hemispherical ball that locks on to the end and fits into a hanger bracket inside the canopy (all supplied)
– Can be angled up to 35 degrees but will need a longer drop rod
– 40W in high speed
– 246 rpm
– Airflow 11,050 m3/h = 6,500 cfm
– 10 year motor warranty
– 3 year rust proof warranty
– No motor wobble
– Energy star certified