The Henley Aeolus Designer Ceiling Fan with Remote – New 2019
The Henley Aeolus is new AC motor, solid wood carved bladed designer fan for 2019 which offers simply incredible value. It is a beautifully styled fan with 52″/132 cm solid carved wooden blades powered by a top quality AC motor – but being AC means it is approx. 35% cheaper than an equivalent DC powered motor (which has much lower energy use due to its better controlability). The quality is high and is made in Taiwan by one of the best manufacturers globally who have been making ceiling fans for the top brands over the last 40 years. It is suitable for most locations and is in-fact totally silent and so perfect for bedrooms where every sound is amplified in the still of the night. The solid construction ensures that there are no annoying buzzes, hums, clicks or wobbles likely to develop coupled with very little air movement noise and uncomfortable turbulent airflow. This is made possible by the carefully balanced motors and blades. The beautiful blades are machine-carved from a solid block of sycamore, hand-finished and balanced with a clear protective lacquered finish. Normally only available on more expensive fans the luxurious blades are impressive compared to the plywood or even hardboard blades normally found on fans of this price. Sycamore is a quality, very strong and warp-proof wood but also very lightweight making it ideal for ceiling fans.
The fan is controlled by a 3 speed radio remote control with on/off and can also be run via a wall switch and control. The Aeolus motor has a Lifetime Warranty. Variations of the Aeolus are proving very popular in many countries due to its quality and value. Just compare the quality, design, reliability and performance with other fans for this price.
Greek God Aeolus – King of the Winds
The Henley Aeolus ceiling fan is our latest own brand fan in the Greek wind gods range. The Greek god Aeolus was King of the winds, keeper of the Anrmoi and master of the seasonal winds He was a son of Poseidon who lived on the floating island of Aeolia and gave shelter to Odysseus for a month during the Odyssey. When Odysseues departed, Aeolus provided a west wind to take him home, and also gifted him a bag containing all winds but the west wind Zephorous. Interestingly, Kew Gardens in London has a folly named Temple of Aeolus originally built in 1763 by the 18th century Scottish-Swedish architect Sir William Chambers.
Where the Aeolus Fits in Our Range
The addition of the Aeolus means our designer ceiling fan range now starts at £350 making it very affordable for a lot more people and anything but a “budget” fan. For a little bit more £500 and you can get the MrKen Solid Wood nearest DC motor equivalent. DC fans convert the mains AC voltage into DC in the controller where it is made into a more efficient wave-form and then converted back into AC to feed the motor. They are precisely controlled and have 6-speeds saving 50-70% of the energy and so can just be left running all the time. Move up a bit more to £500-650 and you can get the Zephyr or the favourite choice of Hollywood the £600-£700 Matthews DC fans which are DC too. Obviously the more you invest the better the materials, build quality, design and efficiency but this is a wonderful designer fan for those with slightly more limited budgets.
Henley Aeolus Ceiling Fan Finishes & Sizes
It is available in the following finishes of housing and blades. The blades can be mixed and matched. Click the selection boxes above to see the valid combinations of the following:
- Matching housing canopy, drop rod and cover plate metal finishes – Brushed chrome or oil rubbed bronze.
- Blade size – 52″/132cm diameter blade sweep
- Blade finishes – natural light wood and walnut treated
- Longer drop rods – Available in 24″/61cm and 40″/100cm in brushed chrome and matt black, use the Henley Zephyr fans rods – see separate listing here.
Features & Benefits
- Beautiful stunning style and finish.
- Breeze assured – 100% laminar flow from slow rpm with no uncomfortable turbulent airflow.
- Silent powerful motor with very little airflow noise – perfect for low speed in bedrooms where you hear every tiny noise.
- 3 Non-warp solid strong sycamore wood finger-jointed milled and hand-balanced blade sets.
- Remote control included – 3 speed.
- Motor reversible – for winter heat savings with switch on canopy.
- Short drop rods x 2 and mounting kit included – Total drop from ceiling to bottom of blades is 13.4″/34cm or 11.2″/29cm depending on drop rod used.
- Balanced motor and blades to avoid wobbles.
- Blade pitch 13° to ensure most effective air movement additional noise.
- Weight 7.5 kg.
- Light kit adaptable – No.
- Voltage 240V – 50 HZ.
- Max airflow rate: 13,600 m3/h = 8,100 cfm
- Max power and speed = 57 W at 184 rpm.
- Min motor speed power consumption 9w.
- Lifetime Warranty on motor, 1 year on the remote control and rest of the fan.
- Max angle for sloped ceilings is 18°.
- Wall control – not included but can be run from one.
- EC, CE and German GS certifications.
Delivery is by courier within 2-3 days in both the UK (free) and mainland Europe (£20).
Download the manual – coming shortly!
Download the datasheet – coming shortly!